The Core Research Divisions, a group which consists of both regular and provisional staffs, is engaged in basic investigations on our humanosphere toward achieving the stated research missions by integrating their expertise. The Division of Diagnostics and Control of the Humanosphere which includes 7 different laboratories pursues research on the analytical and mechanistic interpretations of and control of a wide variety of phenomena occurring in our humanosphere through the elucidation and integral understanding of the mechanisms of wood formation as well as measurement and diagnostic analysis of the atmospheric environment with the aid of radio science and technology. The Division of Creative Research and Development of the Humanosphere which also includes 7 different laboratories pursues research on developing of new materials and technologies required to extend our sustainable humanosphere through the research on measurement and assessment of the space environment, solar power station/satellite in space, and ideal recycling systems for wood resources. The Division of Strategic Research on the Humanosphere which consists of ５ laboratories which explore new research fields that are not presently investigated by the regular staff so far.
The Division of Diagnostics and Control of the Humanosphere aims to examine a wide variety of phenomena occurring within Humanosphere, analyze the mechanisms of these phenomena, and ultimately to control them. The division engages in research on integral understanding and controlling of the mechanisms of wood formation as well as measurement and diagnostic analysis of the atmospheric environment with the aid of radio science and technology.
- Laboratory of Biomass Morphogenesis and Information
- Laboratory of Biomass Conversion
- Laboratory of Metabolic Science of Forest Plants and Microorganisms
- Laboratory of Plant Gene Expression
- Laboratory of Atmospheric Sensing and Diagnosis
- Laboratory of Atmospheric Environment Information Analysis
- Laboratory of Radar Atmospheric Science
The Division of Strategic Research of the Humanosphere consists of five different laboratories hosting visiting scientists from other domestic institutions and those from foreign institutions. RISH invites top scientists and scholars around the world, and promote collaborative research with internal researchers. The aims are to promote advanced technology and to develop comprehensive research programs integrating both natural and social sciences in order to further explore the new areas for the Humanospheric sciences.
- Laboratory of Fiber Multiplication
- Laboratory of Ecosystem Management and Conservation Ecology
- Laboratory of Advanced Research
- Laboratory of Integrated Research
- Laboratory of Interdisciplinary Research
The Division of Creative Research and Development of Humanosphere is a group of experts pursuing research to stop the ongoing deteriorations of the Humanosphere and to remedy the Humanosphere. One main research area is the technological development for new recycling systems of forest resources. The other research area is the technological development for the expansion of the Humansophere into space, which includes the research on the solar power station (SPS), satellite observations of space electro-magnetic environments, and computer simulations on space science and technology.
- Laboratory of Active Bio-based Materials
- Laboratory of Sustainable Materials
- Laboratory of Structural Function
- Laboratory of Innovative Humano-habitability
- Laboratory of Computer Simulation for Humanospheric Sciences
- Laboratory of Applied Radio Engineering for Humanosphere
- Laboratory of Space Systems and Astronautics