The laboratory aims to develop new wood-based materials harmonised with both the global and regional environment are being developed by leveraging the characteristics of lignocellulosic biomass. In addition, integrated projects among interdisciplinary fields are being carried out to confirm the sustainability of production and the potentiality of lignocellulosic biomass.
UMEMURA Kenji (Dr.)
- Production of new wood-based materials
- Development of bio-based wood adhesives
- Degradation and durability of wood-based materials and wood adhesives
Matsuo Miyuki (Dr.)
- Natural aging and thermal treatment of wood and their application
- Application of mechanical optimization of trees
Shuoye Chen (Dr.)
- Physical property analyses of wood with the help of artificial.
- Materials development making use of lignocellulose characteristics.
Zhang Min (Dr.)
Guest scholar (Professor and Director of Institute of Ecology Ecomaterial, Zhejiang A&F University, China)
- Development of smoke heat treatment technology for improving the dimension stability of poplar and other fast-growing trees
- Development and application of lignin-based adhesive for manufacturing the wood-based materials
- Development of new functionalized wood plastic composite (WPC)
- Development of high durable micro diamond chip saw and other cutting tools
- Research on the cultural values, preservation and restoration of wooden architectures and woodcarvings in China